615,325 – is the number of total Scrum-certified professionals in 213 countries across the world, according to the latest survey in January 2021. That shows how popular Scrum is and the demand for Professional Scrum Certified (PSM) managers in the managerial domain.
So, having a certification helps you to get a lucrative job in a leading organization. If you are looking for the best Scrum Master course in Dhaka to become the next top-notch project manager, look no further and dive in.
As a professional ScrumMaster, your responsibility is to support your team, including the project owner, the developer team, the testers, and the stakeholders involved in the project.
Also, you need to maintain a checklist to track the update on the project, complete each sprint in time, check and cover up the backlogs – all these daily.
And the best way to do this is to use a Scrum Master checklist.
What Is A Scrum Checklist?
A Scrum checklist is a simple and versatile tool that helps you keep track of a project throughout its timeline under the SCRUM framework.
In other words, it is a way to assess the current implementation of a project using Scrum methodology and enable the better working of the entire team.
Who Is It For?
ScrumMaster Checklist is for a person equipped with SCRUM knowledge, particularly managers and senior project members. An expert PSM can manage two or three teams at a time. But ideally, only one PSM should be assigned per team to get the best output.
If the development team is small and consists of two or three people, there is no need for any scrum checklist. A two-person team is small enough to keep tabs on the project’s progress.
What Does a Scrum Master Checklist Look Like?
A Scrum Master Checklist consists of 5 parts that you need to assess daily routine as a manager. These are:
How to Stay Updated with The Product Owner?
Scrum Masters help to improve the effectiveness of the product owner and helps them to identify means to maintain the Product Backlog and the product release plan.
- Is the Product Backlog categorized according to the Product Owner’s latest thoughts?
- Does the Product Backlog consist of all of the stakeholder’s requirements and desires?
- Is the Product Backlog manageable according to its requirements? A manageable Product Backlog has more modular requirements at the top and descriptive requirements at the bottom.
- Is the backlog easily understandable, i.e., whether the backlog is an information radiator where the info is immediately visible to the stakeholders?
- Is the Product Owner being accompanied for sorting the backlog items into the appropriate categories?
How to Stay Updated with The Team?
- Whether the team is in a state of flow or not? A state of flow means – working with clear goals in mind, using high concentration and focus, taking measures for distraction, immediate feedback, keeping personal control on the activity, etc.
- Are the team members compatible to work as a team?
- Do the team members evaluate the others in high esteem?
- Is the team ignoring any crucial point that makes the discussion uncomfortable?
- Is the team focused on completing each Sprint goal in time? A mid-Sprint checkup during a Sprint is an excellent way to keep tabs on the progress and the backlogs committed for that sprint.
- Is the project task board for each time up to date?
- Does any of the team member(s) volunteer to help with tasks?
- Is the team responsible for the entire work of the project (testing, technical documentation, etc.)?
How to Stay Updated with The Organization?
- Are the teams inter-communicating between themselves regularly during the product development? ‘Scrum of Scrums is one of the ways to get this done, although it is not recommended.
- Are the teams capable of working independently to launch a new feature, change the architecture?
- Are the Scrum Masters meeting with each other and sharing updates on the organizational impediments list?
- Is your team members’ career in the organization aligned with the collective goal of the team members?
- Are you creating a learning environment within the organization?
- Do the media recognize your workplace as one of the pioneers in the industry?
The other points you should be on your list are:
- How Well Are the Engineering Practices Being Executed?
- How Much Is the Team Involved in The Work?
There is no ingrained formula for creating and nourishing human ingenuity. Making a Scrum Checklist just another tool that points in a helpful direction.
Overall, a ScrumMaster checklist only tells you whether the strategy adopted would help the team in the long term or not.
It acts as a mind map having a list of the essential positives and negatives to understand the priorities from the list of requirements. We hope that you will get the full benefit of our Scrum master checklist. Please let me know if you have any queries.