Is the PMP Exam Difficult?
First of all, the PMP exam is not difficult.We can find it from the PMP exam questions:
The PMP certification exam contains 200 multiple-choice questions. You need to choose the correct one out of four options, using the letter of the ABCD!
Written PMP Test Time: 4 hours (9:00am – 13:00pm)
25 questions will not be scored among them. And if you answer more than 106 correct questions, you will pass the exam, with a reference ratio of 106/175, which is 60.57%.
It is estimated that if you answer more than 131 correct questions, you will pass the exam, with a reference ratio of 131/175, which is 65.5%.
Although there are all multiple choice questions and the exam time is sufficient, the PMP certification exam can not be treated easily.
PMP certification focuses on the understanding of the sixth edition of the PMBOK textbooks, as well as the transformation of project-based thinking!
Do not just think about predicting the exam questions. Some PMP certification training institutions make the PMP students crazy to finish the questions. Its solution is completely to deal with the PMP exam to pass it and get a piece of paper. It is difficult for you to learn the essence of project management.
What Is the Difficulty Level of the PMP Exam in 2021?
PMP exam content is mainly from the PMBOK. PMBOK is the official designated textbook of the PMP certification. It is the PMP exam syllabus, including five process groups and ten knowledge systems and 47 sub-process groups of the project management. Understanding PMBOK is one of the keys to passing the PMP exam. The global average PMP exam pass rate is only 30%. But in China, the pass rate of the PMP is basically over 60%. The PMP pass rate of some excellent institutions in the industry can reach more than 85%.
But specific exam difficulty also varies from person to person. Because the grasp of the extent of the project management body of knowledge of people is different. So the feeling of treating the test difficulty also is different.If you are not sure about your knowledge base, I suggest that you find some PMP exam simulation questions or exercises to do. Personal feelings of item difficulty will be got from that. And then you can make a specific preparation for the PMP exam.
Is the PMP Exam Difficult? Let’s Talk about the Details of the PMP Exam.
Is the PMP exam difficult? As for the difficulty level of the PMP exam, since PMI has not published the real questions of the PMP exam, many PMP students assume that the PMP exam is difficult. So, what are the types of questions for the PMP exam? Is the PMP exam difficult?
1.PMP Test Type
The PMP test is now tested in a written way. The exam will last for four hours, with a total of 200 multiple choice questions.You need to choose the correct one out of four options.Among them, there are 25 non-scoring test questions, 175 scoring questions. And if you answer more than 106 correct questions, you will pass the exam, with a reference ratio of 106/175, which is 60.57%.
2.PMP Test Sample Questions and theIntroduction of the Questions
The PMP consists of 200 multiple choice questions. One of the sample questions is shown below:
A customer requests a scope change in the project which you’re managing. In order to determine the impact of the requested change, you will need a work breakdown structure, change request, and scope management plan.
A. Performance reports B. Responsibility matrix C. Pareto chart D. Monte Carlo simulation
3. Distribution of the PMP Test Types
The PMP exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions, the number and proportion of which are:
Business Environment 8%
4.The Difficulty Level of the PMP Exam
- Ten big modules of the PMBOK about the input/output/tools and technical knowledge about more than 10 questions. They are very easy.
- The essential knowledge of project manager: PDM, AON, AOA, CPM, GERT, PERT, Delphi technique, Monte Carlo method, JIT, Dashboard management, seven tools of quality management, incentive theory, contract management (RFP, RFI…), communication channels, risk quantification techniques, etc. You need to be skilled in different techniques suitable for different occasions.
- There are about 15-20 calculation questions, including the Critical Path Method, numbers of the communication channels, depreciation, cost, and earned value management (BAC, BCWP, ACWP, CV). The questions are not too difficult. But you need to be careful. Many questions have traps. If not carefully analyzed, it is easy to be the wrong answer.
- There are about 30 situational questions, mainly covering change management, communication, management style, team building, conflict management, different opinions on quality, resource balance, and risk coping methods. Situational questions often have two very similar answers. You will choose it more difficultly.
- There are about five ethical questions, which are honesty, avoidance of suspicion, and maintaining the reputation of PMP qualification required by the PMI to be project managers. Is the PMP exam difficult? In fact, in general, PMP exam has a certain degree of difficulty. The global average pass rate is only 30%, but in China, the pass rate of PMP is basically over 60%. The passing rate of excellent PMP training institutions in the industry can reach more than 85%. The teachers selected by them have their own PMP examination research center and independent PMP exam preparation question bank. They continue to invest a lot of manpower and material resources in PMP teaching assistance, pursue innovation in service, and provide more humanized and intimate service for students. It can be said that everything is safe and the pass rate is very secure. Passing the PMP, after all, is just an easy goal. True access to the essence of project management thinking and to broaden the mind which is beneficial to the work is the correct learning goal.