Pressure washers are a handy device to clean outdoor surfaces like outdoor furniture, concrete walls, floors, decks, and outdoor decor. They are also great for a car wash. Though they work well with plain water, the addition of pressure washer detergent soaps does wonders to the end result, spectacular.
You can drastically speed up the process of cleaning with the addition of a pressure washer detergent soap solution. There are tailor-made pressure washer detergent soap solutions for different kinds of surfaces. They make cleaning with a pressure washer extraordinarily efficient and thorough. You can even make one on your own from readily available ingredients. Check our guide-How to make (DIY) homemade pressure washer detergent soap. You can mix up a solution to suit your need and offset extra costs.
Make sure you follow the following guide for using a pressure washer detergent soap
- Make sure you use the right kind of the pressure washing solution for the surface you want to clean. Some surfaces, for example, cars can be sensitive to strong bleach as it can strip paint. Concrete and vinyl have solutions that are tailor-made for them. You also have an eco-friendly cleaner for regular use. Match the cleaner to the surface and use.
- Use the recommended amount of pressure. For example, cleaning a car on high pressure will damage its sensitive parts, and for concrete surfaces, high pressure does the job better. The manufacturer specifies recommended pressure settings for different surfaces. Stick to it.
- Stick to the recommended nozzle size for different surfaces and tasks.
- Get rid of any dirt or debris using fresh water with your pressure washer. You will have a much better result with the power washing detergent soap afterward.
- Apply the power washer evenly, spray upward and overlap to avoid missing any areas.
- Wait for about 10 minutes before rinsing to allow the power washer detergent soap to do its work. Importantly, do not allow it to dry during that period.
- Rinse the nozzle by flushing with tap water to clean it.
- Rinse with clean water from the top for standing surfaces like an outdoor wall. This enables the natural water flow to wash off dirt and rinse off the power washing detergent very efficiently.
- Diligently follow safety recommendations specified in the user manual.
The above guidelines will help you to effectively use a power washer detergent soap solution along with your power washer. A commercial power washer device is expensive. But works great in the long run. Soap detergent can be injected into the pressure washer water flow before or after the pressure washer pump.
Many people have offset their costs by making their own DIY power washer detergent soap solutions at home. They can be tailor-made for the purpose of readily available ingredients. They cost a fraction of the commercially available ones, and unfinished batches can be stored in an airtight plastic container for future use.
Pressure Washer Detergent Soap
If you follow a regular cleaning regimen with the recommended power washer detergent soap for the surface, your walls, floors, and cars will look spanking new.