A Ration Card is basically a proof of citizenship in India which facilitates to provide food and basic needs at legitimate rates by the Public Distribution System. If we talk about the most aspired ID proofs or documents which are valid in India then, after Aadhaar Card, the Ration Card is counted the second. It is entitled and validated by the state government.
The UP Ration Card can be taken as a food coupon which are similar to the western countries. It is also considered as an important proof for applying for a Domicile certificate, Birth certificate, Voter ID, etc. If you are a citizen of India, you can easily avail it through some simple procedures as discussed in this write-up.
Know the Entire Process for Obtaining a Ration Card
A person can apply for a Ration Card if he/s he is a legal citizen of India. The law says, that the children which are below 18 years of age i.e. minors are inclusive under their parent’s Ration Card. However, if you are above 18 years of age, then you have to apply for a separate Ration Card.
Basically there are two sorts of Ration Cards:
- The Below Poverty-Line (BPL) Ration Cards – Under this category, the people are entitled multiple subsidies on food, fuel and various other goods. These are of Blue/ Yellow/ Green/ Red Ration Card.
- Non- BPL cards – Under this category, the white Ration Cards are there for the people who are lying above the poverty line.
How to Apply for a Ration Card ? – Stepwise Procedure
Depending on which state you put up, the URL which you require to visit may vary. For an illustration, if you live in Maharashtra, the URL would be http://mahafood.govt.in.
A step-by-step process for downloading the application form is as follows:
Step1: Go to the official website of FCCPD, Maharashtra, i.e. http://mahafood.gov.in.
Step2: In the left side of Home page, hit on the “Download” link.
Step3: Click on “Form 1: Application for new Ration Card” link.
Step4: The Application form will appear in front of the screen.
Step5: Now, check the application details, download and print it.
Step6: then, fill the application form with all details.
Step7: Attach all the relevant documents along with the application form.
Step8: At the end, submit the application form to the respective department.
Online Process of Applying for Ration Card
- Firstly, login to aaplesarkar.mahaonline.govt.in and fill all your details.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the “Food and Public Distribution System” in the ‘Services’ column.
- Then, upload the PDF of all relevant documents and click on the Apply button.
- Download and get a print out of the e-coupon of the Ration Card.
Avail the e-Ration Card Services
By using the e-Ration service, one can get their UP Ration Card and check their costs and availability of food grains through online medium. It enables the applicants to put an end to all the corrupt practices of holding back rations.