3D scanning technology has been gaining popularity in numerous industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, entertainment, construction, and automobile. The applications of 3D scanners are on the rise in reverse engineering, rapid prototyping, quality inspection, body scans, and numerous other services. In addition, the adoption of efficient scanning technology is on the rise in healthcare applications due to increased income level, enhanced medical facilities, and improved awareness regarding hygiene.
3D scanning is a process that captures the three-dimensional attributes of an object along with information such as color and texture. This technology helps save time, cost, and efforts during a manufacturing process and thus, improves the quality of the output.3D scanners substantially capture the dimensions of physical objects using laser, light, or x-rays and create point clouds, which are then used to produce a 3D representation of the scanned object using software.
The global 3D Scanning Market was valued at $8,427.0 million in 2017, and is projected to reach $53,345.0 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 25.7% from 2018 to 2025. North America was the highest contributor to the global market, with 39% of the market share in 2017, registering a CAGR of 23.1% during the forecast period 2018-2025.
Growth in demand for the 3D printing market, use of high definition content recording for movies, and historical site preservation by 3D scanners are some of the factors that are expected to create lucrative growth opportunities during the forecast period.
At present, North America dominates the market, followed by Europe. In 2017, the U.S. dominated the North America market and the UK led the overall market in Europe. While, in Asia-Pacific, China currently dominates the market.
Top Impacting Factors:
- Increase in Demand For 3D Scanners
- Technological Advancements
- Dependence of Market Growth on Non-3D Businesses
- Price Sensitivity
- Growing 3D Printing Market Generating Demand
- Historical Site Preservation by 3D Scanners
Major Application Areas:
- Entertainment & media
- Aerospace & defense
- Civil & architecture
- Industrial manufacturing
3D Scanning Market Key Segments:
- Reverse engineering
- Quality inspection
- Rapid prototyping
- Face body scanning
- Optical scanners
- Laser scanner
- Structured light scanners
- North America
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- This study comprises an analytical depiction of the global 3D scanning market with current trends and future estimations to depict the imminent investment pockets.
- The overall market potential is determined to understand the profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2017 to 2025 to benchmark the financial competency.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers in the industry.
- The report includes the market share of key vendors and 3D scanning market trends.
Industry Leading Players:
The key players profiled in the report include Faro TechnologiesInc.,CreaformInc., Direct Dimensions Inc., GOM mbH, Konica Minolta, Inc., 3D Digital Corporation, Autodesk, Inc., 3D Systems, Inc., ShapeGrabber, and Maptek Pty Ltd.