Selling your house is a huge decision to make. Many factors contribute to why you want to sell your home. It could be because you need a bigger place for your growing family, or it could be because you have to move across the country for work.
Whatever reason you have to sell your house, your dilemma is finding ways to sell it. What if it is your first time selling your home? You can sell your house in many ways, but it can get confusing with all the things you need to do.
Here is a guide on how to sell your first home fast:
Look for a Real Estate Agent
- If you opt for hiring a real estate agent, make sure that they are familiar with the area where your house is located.
- Remember that these agents will get a commission by presenting your house to a lot of their buyers.
- Real Estate Agents will help you choose the best offer there is for your house.
- Your real estate agent can list it online or in a mobile app to find houses for sale for a broader range of potential buyers.
- If you don’t want to hire a real estate agent to avoid paying higher fees, you can sell it yourself. This is known as “For Sale By Owner.”
Selling it Yourself
- If you opt to sell the house on your terms, make sure to do your research.
- You can list it on a reputable site.
- Make sure that the papers are all legally documented.
- It is essential to schedule the necessary home improvements before you sell your house.
- Ask yourself when you are planning to move all your things out.
- Having a schedule will help you know your timeline.
- Make sure that everything in your house is working well. If it is not, then it is time to schedule the necessary maintenance needs of the house.
- Check the roof, water system, drainage, heating system, air conditioning system, wires. It is best to check all those items because it adds value to your property and saves the potential owners from spending too much.
- This is optional, but it can speed up the process of selling the house.
- Having the house inspected before selling will help you find out what needs to be fixed.
Hire a Photographer
- Hiring a photographer to take pictures of your house is one way to sell your house.
- The photos these photographers are taking will sure make an impression on your potential buyers.
- Make sure the photographer you hire has an impressive portfolio because this is an investment.
Staging the House
- Real Estate Agents often tell you to stage your house before the Open House begins. Staging your home is important because you want your potential buyers to feel cozy and homey.
- If you can stage your home to your liking, then do it. But if you want to hire professional home stagers, make sure that you have the budget because hiring professionals can cost you more than a thousand dollars.
Setting the Price
- In setting the price, you must know the value of your property. Take into consideration the community where you live.
- If you spent a considerable amount of money on renovations, make sure that it is calculated when your finalizing your price.
- In selling a house, you must be flexible in terms of the cost of the house.
- If someone gives you an offer smaller than your asking price, you have the right to decline. But you can also provide a counter-offer. Who knows? The buyer might accept your counter-offer.
- Don’t just sell it to the first person who bids the higher price; chances are other buyers will offer higher than the asking price. If you live in a good neighborhood, the chances of selling your house at a higher price are great.
Closing the Deal
- Once you have accepted an offer from a buyer, the home will be considered off the market.
- Make sure that your buyers’ contract is ready.
- By this step, the buyer must be able to provide how they can finance the home.
- Once the bank or the lender approves your buyers’ mortgage loan, it is time to sign the title and close the escrow.
It is essential to know how to sell your house because you cannot just sell it right away because you can. It takes months for this to be realized. Always make sure to have all the necessary documents, hire the right real estate agent for you, and make sure that you know the value of your house.