Development of clone applications is one of the perfect ways for businesses to offer a range of key benefits. One of the major advantages of these apps is that they reduce the cost as well as time involved in developing a brand new application from scratch. It’s quite simple for business owners to leverage the already existing framework & characteristics of a successful application and save precious resources & time on other aspects of their operation. In addition to this, clone applications have already reduced the hassle concerned with launching new apps and proven their popularity in the market.
If you are in search of top-notch clone app ideas for making your business one of the most successful ones, below is a list of the top 10 clone app development ideas.
Statistics to have a better understanding of Mobile apps’ usage
- It’s expected that in 2023, mobile apps will generate USD 935 billion income.
- About 69% of the digital traffic in the US is generated from mobile applications.
- Approximately 21% of individuals in the age group of 24-39 open a single application more than 50 times a day.
- About 90% of internet time is spent on mobile apps.
Key Benefits Of Clone App Development
There are numerous benefits of adopting clone application development for businesses of all sizes and types; let’s have an overview of a few benefits –
- Replicate the features and functionalities of a popular app.
- Enables businesses to capitalize on the popularity of already existing apps
- Offers a cost-effective solution for businesses
- No significant investment on research, design, and development
- Provides business owners the opportunity to customize the app as per their business requirements.
- Businesses can implement a few more unique elements that align with the identity of their brand and target audience.
- Improved success rate
Significant Factors To Consider Before Building The Clone App
Here are a few crucial factors that you must consider for high-quality clone app development-
- Proper research about the competition
- Determination of unique selling point (USP) of the clone app
- Hire ready-to-use app builders or mobile app development company
- Good planning about monetization strategy
List Of Top 10 Clone App Development Ideas
1. Uber Clone App
While booking a taxi, the first name that comes into everyone’s mind is Uber. You will understand its significance after having a glance at the statistics given below-
- In 2022, Uber generated USD 31.8 billion income, that was about 82% increase on the previous year.
- Uber made USD 14 billion from ride-hailing services.
- Approximately 131 million people use Uber or Uber Eats once a month.
- In 2022, Uber drivers completed a total 7.6 billion trips, and surpassed its previous peak of 6.9 billion trips.
Presently, there are many companies like- DIDI, Lyft, etc. that have come up with other relevant alluring ideas and are developing their businesses with the help of clone apps. So, they have begun making Uber clone apps as per their business needs.
2. Fiverr Clone App
Fiverr is a renowned Israeli multinational online marketplace for freelance solutions. This platform connects freelancers (sellers) to individuals or businesses that are looking to hire buyers. It’s really an outstanding marketplace, as it offers spectacular opportunities to freelancers who have to strive to find excellent projects that can help them to gain an essential amount of cash.
- The number of active buyers of Fiverr is 3.42 million.
- In 2020, Fiverr app processes USD 699.3 million in gross merchandise value.
- In 2020, the annual income of Fiverr was USD 189.51 million.
- Freelancers working on Fiverr provide users with 500+ categories of services.
Fiverr came into existence because, a few years ago, there was a deal related to it that no freelancer had the freedom to ask for more than USD 5 for the project. Businesses are preferring to make Fiverr clone apps because it enables them to create more customized solutions, fill in the gaps, and also protect the customers.
Talabat Clone App
Talabat is a Kuwait-based food and grocery delivery company. It operates the same as other worldwide famous food delivery apps, namely-UberEats and GrubHub. This platform offers a range of opportunities to restaurants to list themselves on it. This way, it’ll be advantageous for customers, as they can order food from the restaurants as per their choice.
One of the interesting things about this food delivery app is that it’s available in the form of a mobile application and a website for both iOS and Android platforms. In addition to this, Talabat app enables business owners to hire delivery persons as well as manage logistics.
- An estimated value of annual income of Talabat app is currently USD 1.5 billion per year.
- And the annual revenue per employee of Talabat is USD 211,115.
Grateful to Talabat clone app that enables to manage delivery in a more effective way. A Talabat clone app solution is an ideal way to enhance operational effectiveness. Apart from this, it is also helpful in integrating a multitude of cutting-edge features, namely- restaurant hygiene tracker, contactless delivery, and several more, to excel on all fronts.
4. OnlyFans Clone App
OnlyFans app is a prominent content-sharing app or social media app. This app has gained popularity in the adult entertainment industry. It is so because this app contains adult-oriented material such as- videos, photos, and a few more things.
- In the year 2022, OnlyFans had income valued at USD 2.5 billion, that was 1 billion more than the previous year.
- OnlyFans income has increased at a compound annual growth rate of 174.3% over the past three years( 2018-2021).
- In 2021, OnlyFans had 187.9 million users out of which 2.1 million were content creators.
As OnlyFans has become a widespread app, here comes an idea of replicating this original platform. This way, it’s quite possible to offer similar features and functionalities that the original app has. It’s really an intriguing fact about this app that its clone can also offer exclusive opportunities to content creators to earn money.
5. Drizly Clone App
Drizly app is an alcohol delivery app. It’s a robust and a ravishing app that is packed with top-notch features & functionalities. This app enables business owners dealing in wine to cater the needs of alcohol delivery chains, wine shops, and liquor delivery aggregators.
- The estimated annual income of Drizly is USD 138.5 million per year and revenue per employee is USD 359,822.
- The total funding of Drizzly is USD 119.6 million.
Drizly is a beneficial app, and its clone retains the functionalities of it. And the other advantage is that the Drizly clone app offers customized services as per your business’s and target audience’s needs. So by designing a liquor delivery platform’s clone, it becomes possible to erect a specific set of features that look entirely different from the original Drizly platform.
6. Postmates Clone App
Postmates app is a food, grocery, document, and goods delivery app. This application meets the specific requirements of stores & restaurants via offering economical, simple, and intuitive solutions.
- In 2021, Postmates made USD 730 million income.
- Postmates app has around 9.3 million monthly active users, who place orders for 5 million items every month.
Postmates is a high-income delivery app. So, it’s certainly one of the most profitable & reliable business options to build the Postmates app’s clone. It will be advantageous for launching & offering delivery services in a successful manner. Altogether, selecting a Postmates clone solution enables business owners to take advantage of customized interfaces, smart payment interfaces, and a futuristic feature-set.
7. TaskRabbit Clone App
TaskRabbit app is a cross-platform app and a website as well. It allows users to research, rate, hire, and review local service providers. It connects ‘ Task Posters’ to people who are in need of help, with ‘TaskRabbit’ known as a network of pre-approved & background checked individuals. In the simplest terms, task rabbits are those individuals
who have the time and skills required to accomplish the listed task.
- According to Crunchbase, TaskRabbit has raised a total of USD 37.7 million over 7 rounds of venture capital funding.
The level of income that the TaskRabbit app generates inspires to create a clone of it. It builds a future community through unifying tasks and task posters. Ultimately, it’s a multiservice app with separate dashboards.
8. Instacart Clone App
Instacart app is a personal shopping service provider app that is available online. It works for both Android and Apple devices. And the best part is that it enables individuals to view, choose, and buy products as per their requirements from a selection of stores.
- Instacart has 10K employees and is famous as one of the largest online grocery delivery services in the United States,
- In 2021, Instacart was valued at $39 billion.
- Instacart has approximately 10 million active users and more than 600K shoppers.
As per the facts and figures given above, you can get an estimation about the popularity of this app. So, how beneficial will it be to create a clone of this app? Instacart clone app will serve as one of the most efficient supermarket software and deliver groceries to individuals. Plus, it will also raise brand awareness and growth levels.
9. Amazon Clone App
Amazon is an advantageous shopping app that enables shoppers to purchase any kind of product they want. This app is an ideal way for managing Amazon orders, regardless of your location. This app enables individuals to browse, shop, read reviews, make a comparison between prices, share products with beloved ones, and verify the status of your orders.
- In 2022, Amazon generated USD 513 billion income that enabled it to be the 3rd largest company in the world by income.
- Approximately 220 million customers subscribe to Amazon prime across the globe with 168 mn in the United States alone.
Amazon app’s level of generating income is one of the facts that motivates to create a clone of this app. So, the Amazon clone application is a highly advanced version of Amazon embedded with futuristic features. The clone of this shopping app captivates the attention of users across the globe. As a result, you will be able to revolutionize the purchasing journey of consumers, expand the scope of your ecommerce enterprise, and also achieve an unexpected level of success in the digital retail sector.
10. Etsy Clone App
Etsy app is a global marketplace or a home to creative, unique, & extraordinary items. These special items include- vintage furniture, handmade toys, collectibles, holiday items, clothing, jewellery, portraits, glass art, fibre arts, painting, calligraphy, sculpture, home goods, crafts, and more. So,ultimately,it’s a store where individuals can find a range of gifting options. Additionally, it’s also possible to trade on Etsy.
- In 2022, Etsy generated an income of USD 2.5 billion in 2022.
- Around 94 million individuals are active buyers on Etsy, and have 7.3 million sellers.
Undoubtedly, it is a brilliant idea to develop a clone of the Etsy app. This decision will be advantageous for offering multiple opportunities to small scale businesses in assisting them to acquire visibility.
To wind up things,
The future of clone applications is bright. And it also ensures to stay ahead of all the latest trends, such as- AI, Blockchain, IoT, and AR. By incorporating these advanced technologies, it becomes possible for businesses to ensure the relevance of their clone applications and their long-term success.
It’s really crucial to consider all the key factors carefully before starting a clone app development journey. These key factors can be- market research, technical expertise, scalability, and a few more. With the right app development company, you can get the results you expect. So, which one of our clone app ideas will you choose?