Android offers its users over 2 million apps to download from the Google play store. To make an app successful, each developer has to come up with his or her unique idea so that their app can fan out from the crowd. If you want to build your app, go here to hire best dedicated android developer.
If you look hard, you will probably see that the idea you just brainstormed already exists in the market. It is not easy for developers to build an app. There are hurdles in every step. Here are some of the major challenges faced by developers to build an android app:
- Fragmented devices – Android devices possess hardware features that are not always alike. Say, one device has a fingerprint lock system while another device does not. This is because manufacturers have full freedom while building a device. They can customize it however they like. To make an app suitable for all devices a developer needs to implement multiple authentications.
- Fragmented Android Software – Google keeps updating the Android versions and launches a new one every year. Android Marshmallow, version 6.0 was released in 2015. Then came Android Nougat, version 7.0 the following year. Version 8.0, Android Oreo was launched in 2017. But the adoption rates of each new version are very slow. Hence, developers have to build an app suitable for all of the android versions.
- Lack of standard user interface – Operating systems of each android device differ from one another. Google does not limit the user interface of android operating systems to a standard user interface. This makes it difficult for the app developers to build an app that is friendly for all UIs. By following the UI design guidelines by Google, developers may be able to make an app more appealing.
- Programming language – A developer can build an app using either Java or Kotlin. Java is a primitive coding language and hence it is friendly. But it is more difficult than Kotlin. Kotlin has features that ease up android app development and code maintenance. However, it is a new programming language and not a lot of android app development tools and frameworks support it.
- Increasing app visibility – The app you develop is probably similar to hundreds of apps in the play store and almost all of them are free. You would definitely want your app to be successful after investing so much into it. Given that almost all apps are free, in order for your app to be successful, it has to be unique and have features that users can find nowhere. This will increase your app’s visibility, giving rise to a number of downloads and its usage.
- Patent and copyright issues – Google has not enforced any strict checking rules for when a new app is launched in the play store. Many developers tend to copy features and functionalities from other apps as they do not have to be so cautious regarding such patent laws. But this can get serious if such developers are challenged with the copyright issue. Thus, developers need to be careful about it beforehand.
- Security factors – With worldwide accessibility, Android is never threat-free. Google, thus often provides updates and releases security patches to fix problems in the operating system. Hence, the developers have to keep up with it by implementing proper security features to the app and user data.
There is a huge competition that already exists in the market. So to develop an app that will flourish one has to come up with a good enough idea, that can catch people by their attention, is pleasurable and they can get something out of it. To do this the idea has to be an original one and one should have clear knowledge about its purpose and functions. The app should have a targeted audience or market.
There is no doubt that Android app developers face several challenges to make an app successful. The difficulties may vary depending on the type of app one is trying to build. In order to conquer such challenges, one should strategize and plan out everything prior to starting the actual work.