In this blog, we will describe about Food License India. Also, we will explain it’s benefits and how to get FSSAI registered.
Any individual or entity proposing to start a food business in India must obtain a food license or registration from the Indian Food Safety Standards Authority (FSSAI).
Steps by Step Process to Get FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI registration is initiated by submitting a form to the Food Safety Department. The form consists of the following content:
Name of Business or Person: Fill the name of Business/Enterprise Concerned name which will be printed on the FSSAI Certificate.
Email Id: Fill the correct Mail ID
Phone No: Fill the correct Mobile Number
Nature of Business: Choose your business nature/type that you will conduct
Select Designation: Select the type of organization from the options provided
Address of Business: provide proper address which will get printed on FSSAI Certificate.
Validate & Pay: thismeansyou agree to T&C and Policies of FSSAI license.org.
- To get a license, the food business must have a valid email ID and phone number.
- The same name will appear on the license, so the business name of each food business must be accurately stated on the application.
- If the application is submitted successfully, it will be issued a unique reference ID that will be used by all subsequent applications.
- The next and final step is to pay the prescribed fee. This is done by taking a confirmation printout and an online application and creating an invoice for the specified amount.
What are the Basic Documents Required for Food License ?
- Recent Passport sized photograph of the applicant
- Identification proof of the applicant (voter ID card or Aadhaar Card)
- PAN Card
- Address Proof along with Telephone or Mobile Bill/ Electricity or Gas Bill)
- Copy of Property papers (if owned)
- Copy of rental agreement and NOC letter from landlord (if rented)
How Much Does a Food License Cost in India?
In case of basic registration of food license, the fee will be about Rs. 3500
Who Requires the Food License?
- Any business with an annual turnover of not more than Rs. 12 lakh.
- Small food retailer
- Food business and small or cottage industries whose Food production capacity (other than milk and meat) is up to 100 liter/KG per day
Cancellation and Suspension of Food FSSAI License
- The food license will be suspended under the below-mentioned circumstances:
- The occurrence of food poisoning related to the spread of disease.
- Serious food complaints when consumer safety is affected.
- Significant violation of FSSAI rules and compliance.
- Interfere with police officers.
The Following is a List of Penalties for Violations under the FSSAI License
- Penalties for selling food rather than the required nature or substance or quality.
- Penalties for wrong branded foods.
- Penalty for food containing unhygienic substances.
- Punishment for obstruction of seized items.
- Compensation in case of consumer injury or death.
- The penalties for violating the provisions of this Act in the case of food imports are in addition to the penalties provided under any other law.
- Punishment for wrong information provided
- Penalty for misleading advertisement.
Final words The above blog about FSSAI registration will make you understand why a food license is necessary if you are operating in a food business. Here, we have also explained what document required.