The gap between what’s technologically possible and how organizations are leveraging technology continues to grow. As the world moves into the 21st-century digital economy, the physical limits of computing power are being pushed beyond what was recently considered possible. To help customers shape smart change, Hexagon Capability Center India (HCCI) has modernized its data center to enable instantaneous decision making and heavy use of predictive analytics.
As a key global R&D hub for Hexagon AB, a Sweden-based IT company, HCCI is focused on helping customers plan for the convergence of real and digital worlds. This includes solutions which integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge, and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information.
“In order to empower and accelerate our customers’ businesses, we need to ensure we have a strong network backbone,” said Uday Sakunala, Director of Information Technology,
HCCI. “Machines can process information nearly as fast as they receive it. Humans can’t. That’s why HCCI has invested in data centers capable of computing, analyzing and processing information in real time.”
HCCI is focused on developing software platforms and applications which make up the building blocks for digital transformation. Looking towards the future, this might involve connecting millions of Internet of Things (IoT) devices and bringing data from them up to a data center, and then acting on the feedback for continuous improvement. To support digital transformation and data-driven businesses which will utilize more bandwidth, HCCI decided to enhance its data center capabilities. Demanding applications such as cloud computing, data crunching, and advanced networking require increased speed, lower latency and zero bottlenecks from the data center, putting greater stress on bandwidth requirements. As an acknowledged leader in IT, HCCI identified key technologies which would add capacity to increased bandwidth requirements while providing a foundation for future expansion:
- Meeting bandwidth demands to support ultra-high speeds and complex network architectures: Data center operators can use SYSTIMAX® structured cabling to simplify planning, design and construction of their network. HCCI has the flexibility to upgrade from 40G to 100G while integrating copper, fiber and intelligence seamlessly.
- Intelligence-ready infrastructure and easy design: The GigaSPEED X10D® UTP (unshielded twisted pair) supports 10 Gbps end to end data transmission in a four-connector, 100-meter channel. The high-performance twisted-pair cabling has a unique construction to mitigate alien crosstalk and increase performance.
- Next generation technology: The InstaPATCH® 360 system is a factory terminated and tested modular fiber connectivity solution that makes it easy to connect system components together. The solution provides the bandwidth and scalability the data center may need when network demands increase.
- Protection and routing of fiber: The FiberGuide® system help protects the data the center’s fiber optics while reducing installation time. The snap-fit construction eliminates the need for tools during installation and allowed M/S Inspire & Initiate Technologies to route the cables through the most efficient path while maintaining the proper fiber bend radius.
- Greater visibility into how the network connects to devices: The imVision® automated infrastructure management (AIM) solution delivers a complete and0 up-to-date picture of the physical layer, as well as the location and connection map for all connected devices.“Humans have created more data in the last two years than they have in history.
- As we enter the era of the Internet of Things, disruption becomes a common occurrence in today’s business climate,” said Gavin Milton-White, vice president of Enterprise for the Asia Pacific, CommScope. “HCCI has turned to CommScope’s connectivity expertise to ensure those who accelerate the leap are backed by a strong network.”Hexagon Capability Center India (HCCI), also teamed up with CommScope and its PartnerPRO® Network member, M/S Inspire & Initiate Technologies, to redesign its network infrastructure to meet the increasing bandwidth and capacity demands from their customers.